How Much Does It Cost To Screed A Floor?
Screed is the perfect finishing touch for many projects.
Guaranteeing smooth floors and making it easy to incorporate components such as underfloor heating, it’s easy to see why screed is a must for most building projects.
If you are set on screed, you may be wondering about the price of traditional floor screed per square metre or how much floor screed costs. In this article, we’ll clearly lay out how much it costs to screed a floor, including differences between types.
What affects the cost of screed?
Multiple factors will influence the cost of screed, including:
- Screed type: Different sorts of screed cost more, with liquid screed generally being more expensive than sand and cement screed.
- Thickness of the layer: Naturally, the more screed you need, the more you can expect to pay. So if your project requires a thick layer of screed, you will need a greater volume, increasing the price.
- Area covered: Following on from the point above, if the screed needs to cover a bigger area, this will also influence how much screed you will need to purchase.
- Drying time: Certain screed types may have slower drying times than others, and if this is the case, it could influence the timeline and the cost of the project. Fast-drying screeds can speed up this step.
- Your location: If you live in an expensive place, like London, you can expect to pay more for everything, including screed. If you opt for a screeding company that is based far away from you, be prepared to pay for any additional transport costs too. That’s why it’s always best to choose a highly-rated local company.
Let’s now take a look at a handy table of common screed costs.
Screeding cost price table
As explored above, the cost of screed depends on many factors, so it’s always best to get a quote from your chosen supplier for a more accurate idea of cost. However, for an estimate, see the table below.
|Screed type||Average price range per m2|
|Sand and cement screed||£14 – £20|
|Liquid screed||£18 – £24|
|Quick drying screed||£15 – £22|
Please note that some of these prices may not include labour or transport costs, so always check with your supplier if their estimate covers just the material or additional charges too.
How much does floor screeding cost per square metre UK?
As shown in the above table, the price of screed per m2 is around £14 – £20 not including labour and transport costs. This refers to sand and cement screed, otherwise known as traditional screed.
How much is liquid screed per square metre?
As outlined in the table above, the average liquid screed price per m2 is around £18 – £24, making it a slightly more expensive option compared to sand and cement screed. However, many think that its self-levelling ability and much faster drying time are worth the extra few pounds.
For affordable and high-quality screed, place an order with Sussex Ready Mix Concrete. As the leading provider of concrete and screed for Sussex, you can expect an outstanding customer experience every time. What’s more, you’ll only pay for the material you use. Find out more by getting in touch with our friendly team today.